Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Faces, New Places

On Monday I had the pleasure of meeting Andrea Walker and her newly expanded family. Andrea was the winner of my 'Super Easy Contest' back in August (http://taracollyerphotography.blogspot.com/2010/08/and-winner-is.html). This past Sunday was actually her little guy's due date, but he decided to show up early to enjoy the fall colours and give his Mommy and Daddy something a little extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

We were getting some great shots amongst the mature fall trees and in a little field when I heard a riding lawn mower start up just past the trees on the lot beside us. I guess we were kind of/maybe/technically on 'Private Property', but I didn't think it was a huge deal as the fence was pretty much non-existant and we weren't really past the so called fence anyway. Regardless, I was a bit spooked and suggested that we move across the street to another spot. Just as we were packing up Mr. Riding Lawn mower Dude shows up and starts speaking with Andrea's husband. With the mower still running it was hard to hear what he was saying, but Andrea and I both thought we had heard him say 'what are you using the pictures for??' At that point I was nearly shaking in my boots - were we going to get in trouble? what would he do??? But, to my surprise and absolute amazement he was asking if we wanted to take some pictures with his horses!!! I felt like a kid that had just been offered candy! Of course, I said yes and we headed back to see the horses. This gentleman was absolutely incredible - grabbing carrots for us to feed to the horses and allowing us to just hang out on his property to snap some great pictures.

Thanks to Andrea and her wonderful little fam for travelling up to meet me (esp with a fresh babes!). Enjoy your little sneak peek (more on the Facebook fan page because I just couldn't choose!!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment