Sunday, October 10, 2010

Keepin' Up With The Jones'

With all the hype of Thanksgiving over the past week or so it got me thinking about just how much we have to be thankful for. I've been guilty in the past of buying clothes for my kids because I felt like if my kids looked good in their clothes that it would give the impression that we were a well put together family and we weren't suffering financially. While cleaning out the kids closets recently I realized just how ridiculous I had been in that area. It made me sick to my stomach that I had been trying so hard to "keep up with the Jones'". Why?? Why do I care so much about what others think? The only person's opinion that I should care about is God's. So...I'm trying to make a fresh start. As tempting as it is to go out and just purchase whatever we WANT in clothes for the kids I'm going to wait and pray. Pray for God to provide the appropriate clothes for our kids. My kids DO NOT need amazing clothes and I want them to grow up appreciating what they have and understanding that God has provided for us.

So as much as I don't want to "keep up with the Jones'" anymore, I had to keep up with them on Friday. :) A little while ago our church had a silent auction to raise funds to send a team of people to Peru on a missions trip. As a contribution to the silent auction I offered a photo shoot. The Church Secretary, Charlene Jones, was the lucky winner.

I was so looking forward to working with these guys. Charlene is so friendly and has such a warm personality (great person to be a Church Secretary!) and her husband Bill is quite the character, trying to get his wife and daughter laughing during the shoot. I had a great time working with these guys and shooting in the gorgeous, warm fall weather (that felt more like summer!).

I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving and thought about all the things that you really are thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment