Monday, November 15, 2010

Family Memories

It's at this time of year that we start to build up towards a lot of family time. I really enjoy this time of year because it means that we get to see some family members that we don't usually see often. This year with prepping for baby #3's arrival things have been quite a bit busier and I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas mood. I find it so stressful trying to find that perfect gift.

A few weeks ago while shopping with my Mom we had a discussion about Christmas. We both agreed that Christmas shouldn't be about that 'perfect' gift or trying so hard to please people. Shouldn't it be more about spending time together and enjoying each other's company?

This past weekend I had the pleasure of meeting and working with a family that is really taking that thought to heart. It was so sweet to see them interact with each other. The way they put their arms around each other, the looks they gave each other when their eyes met and their hands fit perfectly together.

Carmen puts it into words so wonderfully "spending quality time together as a family and making great memories are very important. No matter how big your struggles in life are as long as we have each other and GOD is there giving us strength, courage and hope we will be able to overcome all struggles."

It was very important for Carmen and her family to have not only memories of time together as a family, but photographic memories as well. I am so honoured to have been able to capture these memories for you, Carmen. I hope that these captured memories will bless you as much as you have blessed me by really hitting that important message home for me and my family.



1 comment: