Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whole Lotta Shooting Goin' On

Things have been busy biz wise since my last post. In the span of just a few days, I photographed a grade 8 graduation (along with my amazing 2nd shooter, Andrea!), did a newborn shoot of 2 sweet, tiny little twin girls and did a family shoot. Of course this was on top of all the craziness we had going on in our lives with my hubby's cousin getting married tomorrow (our daughter is the flower girl) and all the normal family stuff. Crazy? Yes. But fun? Absolutely!

The grade 8 grad brought me back to my pre-high school years (the non-air conditioned, over crowded gym helped with that. haha!). I was so glad to have Andrea helping me out that night. I went from sort of squatting in the aisle to kneeling to fully sitting on the floor. My feet were a tad sore, but my hand and fingers....oh my! Honestly, I didn't get feeling back in my 'clicking' finger until about 4 days later and my hand is still slightly sore. With 64 grads and countless awards, the ceremony went for just over 2 hours and we were shooting pretty much the entire time. Here is a picture of one of the grads as well as a picture of him posing after the grad.



Doing the twins shoot was SO much fun! It was the first time that I had held either one of them and I couldn't believe how tiny they were in my arms. They were about half the size of my kids when they were first born and man it makes a HUGE difference! Posing them and getting them to go to sleep was interesting, but rewarding too. They were both such good sports about the whole process and I was really pleased with the pictures.

I still can't get over how tiny their feet are!


I had so much fun working with the family below doing their shoot. We started the shoot at their house and took some pictures of the kids with their favourite puppies (their dog just had 9 puppies!). Then we drove to a very versatile spot that provided a few different backdrops for some family and individual shots. I had a lot of fun working with each of the kids and figuring out how we could get each one to give us that 'real' smile. Here are just a few of my faves from their shoot.



As I mentioned earlier, we have a big wedding to attend tomorrow. It's been so busy with different events to do with the wedding lately that I almost feel like it's my wedding again! Tomorrow morning I'm going to get my hair done (which...when I think about it, hasn't been done since my wedding) and then I have to get Leah ready and to the bride's house to get her hair done. I am SO excited to see my little girl all prettied up and walk down the aisle as a flower girl. There will definitely be tears and lots of pictures of course! :)

Don't forget to become a fan of Tara Collyer Photography on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tara-Collyer-Photography/125613657465024?ref=ts) to stay up to date with new pictures, giveaways, etc! You can refer your friends to using the Suggest to Friends tool underneath the logo in the top left corner of the page. Enjoy the rest of Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment