Wednesday, September 7, 2011

She's a Senior!

Well, here we are again...the first day of Senior Kindergarten for my oldest, Leah. It seems like yesterday that I dropped her off for her first day of Junior Kindergarten...

We've been chatting on and off all summer about when she goes back to school she'll be in Senior Kindergarten (aka..."a Senior" as they call them at school). She's been excited about little things like new shoes and seeing her friends again. But last night when I got her up to go to the washroom she had a bit of a panic attack. Our little girl is SO nervous that she won't know how to "write like the Seniors do". Scott and I reassured her with big hugs and encouraging words, but wow...so difficult to watch our little girl be scared like that.

This morning she was excited to get up and get ready for school. She talked all through breakfast about school and was anxious to get going. We prayed together and got ready to go out the door. Walking to school was a breeze too, but when we got to the school she wasn't so sure. The clinging to my leg began and her face changed again like it had last night. I feel badly for her as I remember feeling like that too, but I know that once she's in there and doing something she's having a lot of fun and learning SO much!

Just about a half hour to go until pick up. Then I'll get the full report from her as well as a TON of homework for me, I'm sure :)

And of course....a few shots from this morning :) Check out how much she's grown! WOW!!!


1 comment:

  1. Damm beautyful so cutie so sweet I like it I love it I want her

    ReplyDelete